This position will report to- and work closely with the regional Tax and Accounting Manager, but is also expected to maintain a strong relationship with Shared Service Centre and other support functions, as well as other non-financial corporate teams and the regional businesses. Regular interaction with our external auditors and tax advisors will also be expected as part of this role.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Responsible for filing of Statutory accounts and other regional filing requirements, including monthly statistics reporting and VAT reports
- Actively review specific legal entities' financial results to ensure income statements and balance sheets are consistent with contract structure
- Regular sample review of invoices to ensure compliance with Norwegian VAT regulations
- Support Tax and Accounting Manager in preparation of Norwegian Tax Returns
- Respond to requests from authorities
- Support compliance, internal and external audit visits
- Prepare documentation for Board meetings and maintain record of Minutes of Meetings
- Ensure corporate information registered with the Norwegian authorities is updated
- Ensure compliance with all local financial laws and regulations in the countries of operation within the region.
- Support engagement with external advisors and professional third parties, incl tax and accounting advisors
- Liaise with Corporate, Shared Service Centre (SSC) and other regions to develop the Accounting Function across the enterprise
- Coordinate required reviews and provide support required by management and shared service center
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis as required
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor/ Master's Degree in a relevant discipline, preferably with Accounting Certification
- 1-2 years of experience with statutory accounting, e.g. audit experience in public practice firm
- Experience with preparation of statutory accounts
- Understanding of local filing requirements
- Ability to communicate both orally and written in English
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly in Excel
- Self-motivated, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships
- Able to perform in an environment of change, that emphasizes teamwork
- Accountable and loyal
Location: Stavanger (Dusavik)
Duration: 6-12 months
Application deadline: ASAP: Do not wait to apply for this exciting opportunity - We are assessing candidates continuously!
If you think this sounds exciting - you are exactly what we are looking for. We ask you - in accordance with the GDPR - to apply by clicking on the "SØK" button and not directly by email to the specified contact person. Upload your English CV with a short application letter, certificates and diplomas.